The Town of Indian Head

Land Development In Indian Head

The Town of Indian Head has reasonably priced residential and commercial lots for sale on a first-come basis. Purchasers must commence construction within one year of purchase.


Lots for Sale


The Town of Indian Head has a number of serviced residential lots for sale. Lots range in size from 9,900 to 16,000 square feet and are priced from $27,000 to $69,000 (plus GST) depending on lot size. The majority of the lots are located in Indian Head's newest residential development, Otterloo Developments.

To purchase a residential lot from the Town, you will be required to sign an agreement that outlines your construction timeline as well as building requirements for your new home. Construction must be approved and started on the land within 52 weeks of the date the agreement is signed. Construction to a level of taxable assessment valued at 25% (floor joists and subfloor) must be completed within 18 months from the date the agreement was signed.  If the developer cannot make these time requirements, they may submit a formal request to Town Council, however this is intended for the event of an unforeseen delay as opposed to a planned extension.  

Prior to construction the developer would need a development permit from the Town and provide the Town with a site plan of the proposed build. The developer would also need a building permit from the Town and obtain written approval from the Town as to size and site plan. Two sets of blueprints of the proposed building need to be provided to the Town along with a list of contractors and subcontractors. Ready-to-move (RTM) homes are allowed so long as the width is about the same as the length (not resembling a mobile home or trailer).  We do not have requirements for finishings and landscaping provided this development “fits” with the surrounding homes of the community.

After the sale is closed and for whatever reason the developer has to walk away from the property/ project. The developer must return the property to the Town for purchase price less 10% and GST.

 2017 Residential Lots- Map and Pictures



The Town has several commercial lots for sale ranging in size from 20,000 square feet to 110,000 square feet. Commercial lots are priced on a frontage foot basis and are priced from $19,000 to $90,000 plus GST. The Town also offers a unique Commercial Incentive Policy to assist businesses in reaching their long-term goals.  

2017 Commercial Lots- Map and Pictures

Commercial Incentive Policy

Commercial Incentive Application

Lots are sold on a first – come basis. Construction must start within one year of purchase.

Residential and commercial lots can be viewed at any time by driving by, for more detailed information direct enquiries to the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. located in the Town Office.

The Town also has many private properties for sale, for information please contact one of the areas real estate services.



A building permit is required:

• when changing the structure of an existing building;

• building a new home or garage;

• when adding a deck (in certain circumstances);

• building a shed over 100 square feet; and,

• building fences over 6 feet high.

Building permit applications are available within the Building Bylaw  and from the Town Office. Building permit applications must be delivered to the Town Office, along with two sets of drawings of the building or structure. The drawings and application will be reviewed and approved by the Town Building Inspector and Town Council before the start of construction.

Construction cannot begin until approval is received.

Permit prices vary per project, depending on the scope of the project and the inspection fees. For more information please contact the Town Office or call (306) 695-3344.

Building Bylaw alt 

Development Permit Application

Zoning Bylaw

Zoning Districts Map

Permits to demolish or move buildings

Applications for permits to demolish or move a building are available within the Building Bylaw [PDF] or can be picked up at the Town Office. The permit must be submitted to the Town Office along with a $100 service fee. The permit application must be approved by Town Council before demolition or the building move begins. For more information please contact the Town Office or call (306) 695-3344.